Is There A Safe Way to Buy Gold?
In the technological day and age the idea of security is of utmost importance whether you are paying your bills online or investing in assets. While technology certainly makes things much more efficient, it can also, unfortunately, make things a little more risky. For example, how many times have you been accosted on the way to making a deposit in to your checking account? Compare this now to how many times you have experienced your checking account number or your check card number being compromised…big difference, correct? For most people the answer is yes.
There is a Safe Way to Buy Gold Online
The truth of the matter is however, that conducting financial transactions online is not as dangerous as some would make it out to be – at least not when you utilize secure services. The majority of people who have their personal information compromised online do so because of poor security practices. Think of it this way – how long have traders been utilizing online networks to buy and sell stocks? It’s the same concept for buying and selling precious metals or anything else.
So just how do you go about finding a safe way to buy gold? Assuming that you are looking to make your gold purchase online, your first step is to find a reputable and secure vendor. Here at Buy That Gold we recommend Regal Assets. Regal Assets is our vendor of choice for a multitude of reasons but above all else their record in customer security and customer satisfaction is at the top of our list.
When conducting any transaction online (even if you do not utilize Regal Assets to do so) you should always check for a few key points before you trust them with your personal and financial information. Take a look at some of the most important features to look for when finding a safe way to buy gold:
– Always conduct a thorough vetting on the company that you plan to use for your precious metal transactions online. This means checking with the Better Business Bureau as well as searching for consumer feedback. Keep in mind that most companies will have a handful of poor reviews from unsatisfied clients, but if you find a company with nothing but negative press, stay far away!
– Ensure that the company you choose utilizes SSL (standard secure server) to protect your personal information. This is generally something that the company will advertise on their website.
– Choose a company that has a long history. Newer companies are more likely to be recognized as “fly by night” companies.
– Choose a company that employs additional security methods such as Verisign Identity Protection to ensure that your personal information is held secure.
– Try to contact the company that you are considering. Contact information should be easily found and you should be able to contact a real person in regards to company security information. If you find that you cannot connect with a real person as opposed to an automated machine this could prove to present an obstacle in the future if you have any questions about your account.
– Avoid any companies that pressure you in to sales. A reputable company will not hound you repeatedly for your business because they understand that customer satisfaction plays a significant role in their business. This is another reason why we choose Regal Assets as our precious metals vendor of choice.
– Ensure that the company you choose to do business with is knowledgeable about the market. Like anything and everything online these days anyone with a keyboard feels that they are qualified to set up a website and conduct business. When working with financial transactions however, you need to make sure that the company that you are working with is knowledgeable and reputable. The first step in this process is reviewing the company itself, the second step should be to research exactly how knowledgeable the company is in terms of the current state of the market.
– Always be wary of companies that won’t provide you with free information. In the age of technology information is cheap to come by and companies that truly value your business will be eager to send you information on their products, services and practices. Regal Assets does this by offering a free starter pack filled with information about themselves and the importance of the gold market in general.
Be Safe When You Buy Gold
While you certainly can’t avoid all online security breaches in your lifetime, you can be much more careful about your online gold purchasing habits. By following the steps above you can set yourself up for the safest way to buy gold online.